Thursday, October 1, 2009

Introduction, Criticism, and Warnings

I wrote a novel. But, alas, I am not a writer and so cannot get published. But I never intended to make any money off of this venture and I would like my book to be accessible. So, this blog is where I will post chapters more or less regularly (maybe one or two a week). If you are impatient and would like to purchase the actual book, you can find it at Lulu.


The subject matter in the novel is quite heavy; one reader said it depressed him so much he couldn’t read it when he was alone. But, other readers have given it better criticism:

“This is a top-notch, Grade-A, piece of writing.”

“…captivating. I couldn’t put it down.”

“Not what I was expecting, but very good. I even read the whole thing.”

I have proofread the book once or twice, but things are always missed, so technical criticism is welcome. Constructive criticism is also welcome, but trolls are not.

My overall goal is posting the story here is that people suffering from a psychiatric illness might find therapeutic strategies and philosophies that are helpful to them. And some hope as well.

Because of the subject matter, I strongly encourage anyone who is suffering from depression to not get overly consumed with the story. If you feel suicidal for any reason (hopefully not because my writing is so horrible), please contact someone.

1 800 SUICIDE

No comments: